Suzanne Falter-Barns released an article on her Email Marketing Tips blog about ways to build up your ezine list. Suzanne points to eleven examples from her own experience as an email marketer.
- Offer practical freebies.
- Put a subscription box on every page of your site.
- Exchange plugs for your ezine with another website.
- Plug your ezine in the thank you page of a comparable website.
- Give away a bonus (downloadable PDF-based ebook, best ezine essay) for other sites to use, based on your ezine.
- Announce ezine ‘events’ on PRweb.com and other PR sites.
- Use discussion boards or groups. Offer some genuinely helpful information. Then use a signature line that includes ezine and subscriber info.
- Sponsor other people’s contests.
- Run quality content.
- Allow any newsletter that wants to reprint your articles.
- Create a survey or contest. Make it a fun, relevant question that you really develop a, newsy story from.
eINFO – a collection of articles and studies about email marketing.