- During fourth quarter 2004, about 40% of retailers answered customer questions within a day. This figure was double what it was a year ago.
- 13% did so within an hour
- 15% of companies responded within four hours
- 15% did not respond to online inquiries
- two-thirds of customers will go to a competitor's Web site if they don't get a response in a "timely" manner. Customer generally consider an answer within 24 hours to be timely.
eINFO - a collection of articles and studies about email marketing.