e-tailing group released some of its findings of their 4th Annual Merchant Survey. e-tailing group surveyed over 250 senior executives with responsibility for e-commerce. The survey found:
- 13% of total e-commerce demand comes from email
- 83% of emails contains “Sales and Specials”
- Use of email as a “Branding” vehicle has increased to 73% versus 40% last year
- Personalized messaging has a 24% penetration versus 28% last year
- Of those that use personalization, 17% base personalization on past customer behavior
eINFO – a collection of studies and articles about email marketing.