- Reduce the length of the sequence. If it takes three pages to complete the purchase, try cutting back to two pages.
- Be very clear on the purpose and objective of each page.
- Keep all the important information within one column and create a strong linear flow from top to bottom.
- Write a strong headline. Express the value within the first few words.
- Work hard on the last few lines of the page. Just saying “Next…” is not good enough.
- Consider adding an email-capture field at the end of the first page in the sequence. Assuming that they did not come through your newsletter, you will be able to follow up with them if they did not complete the purchase.
- Use short paragraphs, bullet points and indents to make the page easy to read.
Thursday, July 27, 2006
The current Excess Voice Newsletter provides seven tips on writing a web site landing page sequence. As an email marketer, once you get your recipient to click through to you web site you need to be able to capture that sale. So here are the tips the article provides.