Thursday, July 27, 2006

How to Make Your Email Enticing in AutoPreview and Mobile

MarketingSherpa released an article, "Know-How: How to Make Your Email Enticing in AutoPreview & Mobile -- 16 Samples of Best & Worst Tactics" (Open access until Aug 6).

Tip 1: Start with compelling copy.I totally agree. I see alot of emails when rendered in the AutoPreview screen show me their "Web page version" HTML link.

Tip 2: Use CAPS to catch the eye.
While most spam filters will count this as Shouting, this tactic may increase your SPAM filter score. Use a content checker to see if there is any impact.

Tip 3:Use text symbols to catch the eye.
MarketingSherpa uses the following example:
*(:-.,,.-:)*"*(:-.,,.-:)*"*(:-.,,.-:)*"*(:-.,,.-:)*
Mobile Telecoms Daily Service


If I saw that in my AutoPreview screen I would think it was spam!


del.icio.us | Digg it | Furl | ma.gnolia

Technorati: , , ,


eINFO - a collection of articles and case studies about email marketing.

No comments:

Post a Comment