MailerMailer.com release some findings from their Email Marketing Use and Trend Report: H1 200 on MarketingProfs.com. Here are some the interesting stats that they published.
- 80% of those who would open your message will actually open it
- 95% of people who read your message do so within six days of mailing
- For all industries, the average bounce rate for customers’ first five mailings was 6.60%
- For subsequent mailings, after bad addresses were removed, it went down to 3.59%
- The average unique open rate for all industries was 26.65%
- Emails sent on Mondays had the highest open rates, followed by emails sent on Tuesdays
- The average click-through rate for all industries was 4.27%
- Emails with personalized subject lines were opened more often (32.49%, compared with 26.65%) than emails with personalized messages only or no personalization.
eINFO – a collection of articles and studies about email marketing.