- 34% of Twitter users have not tweeted since they created their account
- 21% of Twitter users are classified as "True Twitter Users" (see study for definition)
- 17% of Twitter users have zero followers
- 36% of Twitter users have more followers than the accounts they are following
- Users with an average of 1000 followers actually tweet the most compared to accounts with less than 100 followers or more than 100,000 followers
Friday, March 12, 2010
A new study by Barracuda Networks, dubbed Twitter's Red Carpet Era, took a look at 19 million Twitter accounts to analyze frequency, user interaction, and overall activity of an account. The study produced some interesting stats on how people are using Twitter.