One of the frustrating things about Twitter is that you have to constantly refresh the screen to see any new tweets. This is unrealistic. I found a popular desktop application called Twirl that can help you keep up with current tweets. The program is pretty simple to use and to install.
Some of the things I like about Twirl are:
- Easy to use
- Can post you tweets to Pownce
- Sound notification for direct replies
- Can manage multiple instances. So if you have more then one Twitter account you can track them all.
Some of the things I do not like about Twirl are:
- Can't get rid of direct messages or replies. I find that they keep appearing on startup even when I deleted them.
- Can't click on a link within the pop-up notification box