Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Chris Pirillo States Email Marketing is Dead

In a recent article by Russell Shaw on imediaconnection.com quotes Chris Pirillo, a keynote speaker at the Blog Business Summit, as saying that email marketing is dead. Chris attributes this to email filters trapping too many legitimate emails. The article goes on to talk about how RSS will be replacing emails.

I believe that using email with RSS is the best approach to get your marketing message out there. Yes, it is true that RSS feeds do not have to deal with spam filters. But recently I have been seeing a lot of junk (advertisements) come through my RSS feeds. I even receive duplicated content being published from the same feed over and over (MoreOver). I wish I had a filter for my RSS reader to get only relevant content from these sites.

eINFO – a collection of articles and studies about email marketing

No comments:

Post a Comment