- HTML design and coding for optimal inbox delivery
- Reducing Spam Signatures
- Combining Text and Images to improve readability
- Stylesheets and Tables
- Layout Tips for Preview Panes
Friday, November 10, 2006
Thursday, November 09, 2006
Goodmail Systems and JupiterKagan's David Daniels are hosting a webinar, "The State of Email Delievrability". The webinar will be held on November 29th at 2 p.m. EST. The webinar will cover new research on:
- Average delivery rates
- Which delivery improvement techniques are commonly used today
- How does blocked links and images affect email results
- Paying for assured delivery of email
- Case study on how two leading Internet marketers improved email revenue and business results using Goodmail's CertifedEmail
Wednesday, November 08, 2006
Straight from the markteting machine:
Thought that you would be interested in the news about Return Path's receipt of a patent for its Email Change of Address (ECOA) service. Launched in 2000, Return Path's ECOA service provides a fully permission-based way for businesses to find customers' new e-mail addresses and allows consumers to search for friends' and families' new e-mail addresses for free.
To date, it has been used by more than 400 companies and more than 31 million consumers have registered with the service. On average, 15,000 people register daily with Return Path's ECOA service. The patent awarded to Return Path from The U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, number 7,080,122, applies to both the system and process for updating electronic messaging accounts.
Tuesday, November 07, 2006
It looks like Chad publishes a new report every month since he started his blog (August 2006). This one blog that you will want to add to your blogroll.
Monday, November 06, 2006
- No welcome message.
- Not using the data gained from the questions asked about the recipient's preferences.
- Treating everyone on your list the same.
- Letting everyone in your organization mail to the customer.
- Sending plain text transaction emails without any cross promotion or up-sells.
Here are some tips and best practices on some of the mistakes that Chris points out.
How To Maximizing Email Welcome Message
Six Tips For Your Welcome Message Email
Preference Prove Profitable for Email Marketers
What is a Transactional Message?
Key Guidelines for Integrating Promotional Content into Transactional Email
Wednesday, November 01, 2006
ReturnPath released a new research brief that found Sender Reputation drives email blocking and filtering. Here is a break down on the causes of email deliverability that ReturnPath found.
- 77% - Sending IP's Repuation
- 17% - Email Content
- 6% - Domains in the email content
The take away here is that the biggest factor regarding deliverability is how ISPs look at the IP address that is sending the email. They are taking into consideration such factors as email volume, whether the server is authenticated, list quality, complaint rates, spam trap hits and listings on public blacklists and whitelists.